Frequently Asked Questions Before emailing us, please browse the
Frequently Asked Questions below to see
if your query has already been answered.
Read our FAQ


Are HEA counselors available to meet in person?

Yes. Students based in continental Europe and the UK have access to our Antwerp office and can choose from a range of both comprehensive and shorter-term support services (see HEA à la carte). Global advisory services are available via online support and teleconferencing.

What does feedback on the personal statement involve?

HEA supports students in brainstorming ideas for personal statements and application essays so that their individual stories are clearly communicated. We suggest appropriate improvements in your writing and provide editing services aimed at eliminating mistakes in structure and style.

What if an application is due soon, will HEA help?

With our expedited service, HEA can review application materials in a timely manner so that all pressing deadlines are met.

Does HEA guide students in locating sources of financial aid?

Yes. Students applying to the US receive comprehensive guidance regarding the maximisation of financial aid opportunities. Those applying to the UK/EU receive guidance regarding the availability of government funding, and the limited scholarships provided.

Do you also advise students interested in planning a gap year?

Indeed. A gap year can be a worthwhile alternative for the student who would like to spend a year on a service project before starting university. Additionally, many gap year students use this bridge period to gain clarity on what they would like to study at university. HEA assists students in identifying programs that provide meaningful experiences all while adding value to their university applications.

Does HEA assist students in interpreting their high school qualifications for the various higher education systems?

Yes. HEA delivers a comprehensive service that provides an equivalence of your secondary school qualification that is understood by universities in the US, UK or elsewhere. Where necessary, HEA will provide an approved translation of high school grades, certificates and diplomas where qualifications are not issued in English.